Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let's all stop worrying about the swine flu. Look at the numbers and you'll feel better.

The "regular" flu has killed thousands of people already this year.


Swine flu has killed 160 people in Mexico and 1 in the U.S.


Sad for those people and their families but the "regular" flu is much scarier. Worldwide, the annual death toll from the flu is estimated to be between 250,000 and 500,000. So I'm tired of all the hype and media attention that this swine flu is getting, it's just freaking out the people that don't know any better. When the swine flu death toll starts to reach that of the regular flu, then everyone can start freaking out.


4 comments:

Jill said...

Where did you find that picture?!

Melanie said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I love ya, Great Picture!
I understand, it is all over the media!!!! You can not get away from it but, if One out of 166 die from it that is almost 2 million people just in the united states. Also,The big deal is that the virus could mutate durning the winter which makes it like stronger faster better. The other thing is that normal flu usually kills off the elderly and the infants...most of the people that the Mexican flu has killed have all been between 24-48 healthy people. So that is why it is so scary! The us board of whatever has come out and said that human's think that they are on the top of the food chain, but that virus's are actually above us. And now let me be really right wing crazy here, what a better way to promote socialized health care than a massive virus... it was found one day after obama went to mexico... Do I think he him self did it...NO. I just think it is a possiblility that there is something more than we know. And that is my thoughts about it. oh ya, and all 10 plague's are supose to back befor the sencond coming. In wilford woodruff had a vision of the last days, because of sickness that the streets would all be empty, it looked like all the cities were deserted, people would all most never leave there homes. Ok now that you think I am way crazy, I will stop!!I think you are great, when is your next doctors appointment? It is my birthday this week...I am going to go to an olive garden dinner, so thank you! happy birthday to me!

Digital Universe said...

Very unique blog.
Wow... Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://heaven-view.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good day.