Sunday, November 6, 2011

Isla's Blessing Day

Isla's blessing day was simple and perfect. For the boy's day I felt like I had to do a family gathering after church, a sort-of luncheon if you will. But this time around I just wanted to relax and enjoy the day, and attend all of the church meetings. 







For Isla's dress my mom dug out my (and my sister's) blessing dress that my Grandma Peterson bought years ago. Unfortunately the dress had yellowed over time. So I was on a hunt to find a dress that would fit my tiny baby. I searched everywhere possible, and there was nothing out there that was going to work. My MIL offered to make a dress, and I took her up on that offer. We washed and bleached my old dress and the lace details that were on it brightened and whitened like new. My MIL worked her magic and basically recreated my old dress with some new fabric, and it was absolutely perfect, and something I will treasure forever.

No comments: