I was at babies r us the other day just to pick up one thing. Well, if you have kids you know that just running into a store "real quick" isn't really an option anymore. So after trying to locate my one item, I had already been around the entire store and Hudson was constantly asking me to buy things, one of the items was this $10 beanie baby sized big bird. (lame)
Hud was so cute and said he wanted to get it for the baby, and I almost caved. But I had already told him that we weren't buying anything extra (these kids have way too many toys!)
When we got to the register he still had Big Bird in his hands, I told him that he needed to give it the the girl at the register because we didn't pay for it. He was about to have a tantrum and I was trying to reason with him, and I remembered that Matt used this trick on him before and it worked: He asked him if he had any money to pay for ______ and Hud would check his pockets and if there was no money he would move on without another word. Well, not this time, he said "no" but was still persistent.
So the girl at the register says, "It's okay, just take it." To which I replied "ABSOLUTELY NOT! Thank you, but no." She was a little taken back and tried to move on from the subject because she knew she was in the wrong.
30 seconds later Hud put Big Bird up on the counter and we left, a few tears were shed, but we didn't steal the toy like the girl wanted us to and he learned a couple of lessons: 1) that you don't always get what you want. 2) moms not a push-over. Am I crazy, or is that that strangest thing for an employee to do?
1 comment:
Thats horrible and funny at the same time.
Post a Comment